If you can’t get to the salon, here is a step-by-step on how to remove your Gelish manicure safely at home.
What you need:
- Nail file
- Cotton pads
- Tinfoil – tear or cut 10 small sections of tinfoil
- Cuticle stick
- Cuticle oil
Removing your gelish gel polish:
- Gently, file the surface of the Gelish polish to remove the shine. Be careful not to damage the nail. A light buff is all you need.
- Take half a cotton pad, soak it with acetone and place it over the first nail.
- Take a piece of tinfoil and wrap it around the nail. Ensure that it is wrapped nice and tight with no gaps.
- Move to the next nail and repeat steps 2 & 3. Do not put all the pads on the nails at once. Do one at a time.
- When all 10 nails are covered with foil, leave them to soak for 15 minutes.
- Then, start to remove one at a time. Don’t remove all the foils at once.
- When you remove the foil from the first nail, the Gelish polish should have lifted from the nail. Use a cuticle stick to gently scrape the polish off.
- Wipe the surface of the nail with a cotton pad and acetone.
- Then move to the next nail and repeat step 7 & 8.
- Finally, file the nails and apply some cuticle oil to nourish.